Tuesday 20 April 2010

Nimoy - "It's not fair on Zach for me to continue"


Leonard Nimoy has spoken of his desire to leave the Spock game to Zachary. The 79 year old actor told Kevin Williamson at the QMI agency that he would not appear again as Spock in the rebooted Star Trek series.


"I want to get off the stage. Also, I don’t think it would be fair to Zachary Quinto, he’s a terrific actor, he looks the part, and it’s time to give him some space. And I’m very flattered the character will continue." he said, also stating that after his Fringe appearance as William Bell was done, he would retire from acting altogether. "I’ve been doing this professionally for 60 years, I love the idea of going out on a positive note. I’ve had a great, great time."


Zach recently joked that he would personally request Nimoy return to play Spock in Star Trek 12, which according to Zoe Saldana, will have a shooting date announced within a month.

Today Zach commented; "There’s not even a script and Leonard just announced his retirement,” said Quinto. “He’s not going to do another movie.

“Frankly, Leonard has got a mind of his own and he’s going to do what he wants regardless of what other people tell him. I’m just glad that he’s my friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment